Part three of a week's worth of Mutts, from March 20, 2013. I know this entry makes it obvious that this was a "birds returning in the spring" story arc, but since birds sing like it's springtime all-year round, I'm doing it now anyway.
Part two of the Mutts story arc, from March 19, 2013.
We haven't done a story arc from Mutts in a while, so here is one from a couple of years ago (you are forewarned that I am missing one strip from the series), starting with March 18, 2013:
Ziggy and his parrot check in on the old cracker cliché, from November 17, 2003:
Speed Bump from September 29, 2010 ... wouldn't you have thought Noah was a vegetarian?
The Holiday Party is our biggest in-person gathering of the year! Come to meet Mickaboo's volunteers and officers, get some holiday shopping done, and help Mickaboo's birds all at the same time! Learn more and RSVP here.
When and Where
Saturday, December 5, 2015, 5 pm - 9 pm
7000 Sunne Lane, Suite 112
Walnut Creek, CA
Enter from the street (Treat Blvd between Sunne Lane & Jones Rd).
Garage entrance is on Sunne Lane (see red balloon on this map), and parking is FREE!
The location is easily accessible from the Pleasant Hill BART station (2 blocks!).
$20/Adult, $35/Couple. Pay online or at the door.
- BART - Use the Pleasant Hill station, and look for the party entrance on Treat Blvd. You'll see us through the glass windows - can't miss us!
- Driving? We have FREE underground parking on Sunne Lane. As you enter Sunne Lane from Treat Blvd, the entrance will be on your right. It's a short walk within the building (which we'll aim to mark with signs) to get from the garage to our party.
If the underground parking described above is full (garage capacity is 80), the underground parking *across the street* on Sunne Lane will also be available. At this "across the street" garage, you must remove your car by 10 pm (party officially ends at 9 pm).
Free parking is also available at the Pleasant Hill BART station.
Bring checks/cash (preferred) to buy raffle tickets, birdie supplies, holiday gifts, silent auction items, bake sale items, etc! We will also have a limited ability to take credit cards via Square.
If you would like to dress up for the occasion (many of us enjoy doing so), you're welcome to! Casual attire is also ok.
We will have a small quarantine room set aside to facilitate the transportation of any foster birds in transit. Birds are NOT allowed in the main party area. If you plan on taking advantage of this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make sure we will have enough room for all our feathered friends.
- Party attendees always relish our potluck. Mickaboo will supply a "core offering" of vegetarian / vegan / gluten-free dishes. Potluck items can be anything (and it will ALL be labeled) *except* fowl (for obvious reasons).
- Bake sale items are also welcome!
- If you are bringing a dish or serving utensils and want to make sure it gets back to you (lost-and-found always being a challenge), please put a label with your name on your item. Our registration desk volunteers will try to remind you about your "stuff" as you exit, but sometimes the memory doesn't quite work until we get home...
- Have you saved feathers for Art for the Birds? Bring them! Put them in your car (or by the door) now! We'll have a box at the registration desk.
- Have you saved empty inkjet cartridges, old cell phones, or other small electronics for Mickaboo's recycling fundraising? Bring them! We'll have a (separate) box at the registration desk.
- Just like at many of San Francisco's and San Jose's stores, please bring your own bag for your purchases. We'll have some on hand... maybe not enough...
Email any questions to email@example.com. We look forward to seeing all of you!
Everyone who has a macaw for a companion, please raise your hand if this doesn't surprise you. From Cheezburger, February 1, 2013.
Another Bizarro twist on "Polly want a cracker", from March 26, 2011.
Strange Brew from May 27, 2013 gives us a nice play on words.
File this under "I spoke too soon." After posting yesterday's Frank & Ernest strip on "avian grammar" I went searching for more F&E strips for my archives ... and ran across a sequel to yesterday's, from April 6, 2011. Why it took this long for the cartoonist to do a follow-up is beyond me, but here it is anyway: